Once your confidential shredding collection has been confirmed and you have a date and time for your pick up there are some things you can do in advance to ensure your collection goes smoothly.
- Please ensure your sacks or boxes are all together in one location on the ground floor. If your waste is stored up or down stairs please make us aware at the time of scheduling your collection. If the sacks are too heavy for you to move yourself please let us know – we may need to send a van with two operatives to carry out your collection.
- Please make sure our vehicle can park safely and legally immediately outside the collection location. Parking restrictions in the vicinity should be made clear to us at the time of booking. If there is restricted loading access please let us know – in this instance we will call 1 hour before arrival to ensure all is clear for us to park.
- Ensure your waste is secure. This is very important for the security of your service. All bags MUST be tied and boxes should have secure lids. It is fine to use your own sacks /bin liners but please do not overload or use bags that may split when carried. We may refuse to collect sacks that are open, especially during windy conditions, as the security of your documents could be compromised while carrying to our vehicles.
- You will be required to sign a waste transfer note at the time of collection and someone with the authority to do so should be present. This document is required by law. If we are collecting from a location with no one present then you may be required to sign a transfer note via email in advance. In this instance you must make us aware 48 hours before your collection date.
- You do not need to pay the driver. We will invoice you once your waste has been shredded.